Cooking a mouthwatering brisket that's tender, juicy, and bursting with flavor is a true art form. But what if we told you there's a way to achieve those delectable results in half the time? Papa Jacks Steak & Chop Marinade is your secret weapon to achieving tender, juicy, and delicious results in half the time!
Rather than cooking the brisket at very low temperatures, we smoke the brisket at ~300F. Papa Jacks Steak & Chop not only infuses the brisket with flavor, but also tenderizes and aids in gentle fat rendering while cooking, resulting in exceptionally tender, juicy, and delicious results in half the time.
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 whole beef brisket (approximately 10-12 pounds)
- 1/2 cup of Papa Jacks Steak & Chop Marinade
- 1/2 cup of your favorite barbecue rub
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your smoker to 300°F (150°C) and set it up for indirect heat. Place a water pan in the smoker to help maintain moisture.
- Trim any excess fat from the brisket, leaving a thin layer for flavor and moisture.
- Season the brisket generously with salt, pepper, and your favorite barbecue rub. Pat the seasonings onto the meat to ensure they adhere well.
- Apply 1/4 cup Papa Jacks Steak & Chop Marinade to the brisket, making sure to coat it on all sides.
- Place the brisket on the smoker grates, fat side up. Close the smoker and let it cook for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, open the smoker and using a pastry brush, carefully baste the top (fat side) of the brisket with Papa Jacks Steak & Chop Marinade.
- Close the smoker and repeat the basting process every 2 hours, continuing to cook the brisket until it reaches an internal temperature of 195°F (90°C). Cooking times may vary, so use a meat thermometer to monitor the temperature.
- Throughout the cooking process, maintain a consistent temperature in the smoker and periodically check the water pan to ensure it has enough liquid.
- Once the brisket reaches the desired temperature, carefully remove it from the smoker and let it rest, covered with foil, for about 30 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute.
- After resting, slice the brisket against the grain into thin slices. Serve it hot with your favorite barbecue sauce or on a platter alongside your desired sides.