With Papa Jacks Steak & Chop Marinade, achieving tender and flavorful ribs has never been easier. Papa Jacks Steak & Chop Marinade enhances the flavor of your meats while also providing tenderization, so there is no need to constantly worry about the exact temperature of the grill or use additional tenderization methods (such as wrapping the ribs in foil, spritzing, etc.). It is the perfect complement to your grilling adventures, allowing you to relax and effortlessly create memorable dishes for family and friends.
Bock & Browns Sugar Finishing Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup bock beer
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until softened and fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the bock beer and stir to combine. Allow the mixture to come to a simmer and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the brown sugar until dissolved, and continue to simmer the sauce for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until it thickens slightly.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste, adjusting as needed.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the sauce cool slightly before using it as a finishing sauce for grilled or roasted meats.
Cooking the Ribs:
- Remove membrane from the back of the ribs. Use a butter knife to loosen the membrane at one end, then grip the membrane with a paper towel and pull it off in one smooth motion.
- Season the underside of the ribs (which will sit on the grates) with salt and pepper only. Avoid the use of seasonings such as sugar or paprika to avoid burning.
- Liberally season the top side of the ribs with your favorite barbecue rub. A typical rub consists of:
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- Apply 2 tablespoons of Papa Jacks Steak and Chop Marinade to the top side of the ribs only, ensuring they are thoroughly coated.
- Preheat your grill or smoker to medium-high heat (300°F). If using charcoal, arrange the coals for indirect grilling, creating a two-zone fire. For gas grills, adjust the burners to achieve indirect heat.
- Place the marinated ribs on the grill, bone side down, away from direct heat. Close the lid and let them cook for ~30 minutes, and then baste the ribs (top side only) with one additional coat of Steak & Chop Marinade for an extra layer of flavor and tenderness.
- Close the lid and let the ribs continue to cook for an additional 2-3 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 185°F and the ribs bend easily. Maintain a consistent temperature of around 300°F throughout the cooking process.
- Once the ribs are done, remove them from the grill and let them rest for ~30 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!